Thursday 30 September 2010

The Puzzle

Yet again it seems I find myself arriving back home, brought southbound, to what these days seem less and less like home comforts. The last few months I've been chasing down the days until all of my time was occupied my writing and recording, It wasn't going to occupy my time forever however I knew atleast once that was finally done, I had the promise of tour to look forward. For now its all over.I'm back at home , away from the real things that alleviate the going on's I commit my self so passionately to avoiding all the time.

Photobucket

I spent the first five days before we headed out on tour locked up in the studio with the rest of Amy Can Flyy, piecing together the final parts of the demos for our new Ep, We have been working on these songs for what seems like forever and It was definitely a relief to be able to listen back to the closest thing to completed songs that we've heard since we started writing them at the start of the year. I am genuinely so exited to start working on the songs in more depth, drums are tracked now and we will be heading back into the studio to finish the rest of it very soon, look forward to it.


We headed straight from the studio out onto the Ourzone Found Tour for five days of Academy shows up and around the country. The shows really made me appreciate the last few years of Amy Can Flyy and what we have all been through together, they made me realise how important all of the years of playing run down venues to nobody with my friends was, driving hours and hours around the country to sleep in cars and build on what you all love doing more than anything in the world. All the stuff that I learnt from bands that I listented to when I first got into music. You cannot teach that over night and it makes me happy to know my band experienced it all together first hand. The shows were insane for us, It was amazing to meet a load of new people, fans, bands and crew alike, big thanks to everyone involved for making it what it was. Highlight for me, shows aside, was probably re visiting the Falls of Clyde, a world heritage site we found in Scotland two years ago on tour, this place makes us all happy, this much I know.

Photobucket

Photobucket


So I now find myself sat around bored and unsettled in a empty house carrying thoughts and feelings on my back from my travels. I don't know what else to say right now, I am desperate to get away again but for the first time ever, I am so scared at what I may actually accidentally find when I leave home behind.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid, be excited! :)
    You can always head home, but it's not everyday that you can go on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete