Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Weakends

It seems this week that I'm allowing myself to take a step back from the basic worries that always rest so intently on my mind. I have next absolutely zero money to my name yet continue to go out and make the most of the moments I can for the sake of it, such moments included a trip to London on election night, fun was had by all but I am undecided as to whether this lifestyle change is doing me any good yet. The weekend past saw me and the rest of Amy Can Flyy head into the studio for two days of demoing potential new songs and rehearsing for our summer UK dates.In all honesty I was looking forward to spending some time back in our quiet country retreat for the sake of some time away to finally separate myself from the negativity's that had been gripping my thoughts a week previously. The weekend was productive on the whole but ending in some serious reality checks it certainly gave us some goals to aim for in the next few months.


Photobucket


I can safely say I have never been able to convey my thoughts and feelings very well, for the last 6 years I have lacked the power to talk comfortably about how I'm feeling or discuss anything personal without freaking out over the minor discrepancy's that run so freely through my thought pattern.Failing that I will cut myself short as a result of me feeling like a self indulgent weirdo who's problems don't register in the grand scheme of things. Ive always tried to distance myself from those sentiments and in time Ive managed to subtly intergrate them into apart of my every day routine without even realising, until recently. Ive also realised its amazing how much seeing yourself in someone else can effect you and on the other hand show me that I shouldn't be handing out advice that I am so in need of yet so incapable of taking myself. The problem I'm facing right now is that I'm battling against a whole multitude of reasons and insecurities that are simply telling me to forget about the thoughts I'm having, and I'm sure I probably will. I just wish I wouldn't deny myself the courage to face the possibilities of a negative response just for once as I don't think my reflection has ever looked so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment